Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Pats Day: 1 Megan: 0

Megan did not eat her Lucky Charms today.

Usually St. Pattys Day is fun for me.  Wear a little too much green.  Eat some good-but-so-bad-for-you Irish food.  Pinch people.

Well, the little leprachaun had a mean plan up his sleeve for me today. 

I had clinical today, so I was up at 5am.  THANK GOD I woke up at 5am.  I looked at my alarm clock and saw that had set it for 5:45am.  I leave my house at 6am.  I would have been screwed if I had woken up at 5:45.  It's days like this where I KNOW God made get up.


I drive 45minutes to clinical and it's pitch black the whole time.  Clinical was good. I was in triage all day long. Nothing too exciting. 

Now to the craptastic part of my day. 

I had to leave at 3:00 today so I could make it back for a test.  We had the option to take the test at 5, 6 or 7 tonight.  Again...Thank God!  I had been on the interstate for about 10 minutes and I hear the dreaded DING DING DING DING DING which was familar to because I heard it last week.  I look down at my tempature gauge and its completely into the emergent HOT red part.  Last weeks over heat resulted in a complete radiator overheat. 

The great part about this...I'm alone, and I'm like 35 miles out away from my apartment, and I have a test that I must get to before 7! 

So, I panic and call my Dad and he tells me to get off on the closest exit.  I managed to get to a gas station and let the radiator cool down.  15 minutes later and I'm on the road again!  But this time I'm going like 55 in a 70, with the windows down and the dry-hotter-than-normal-heat on ( to suck heat from the radiator to help cool it off)

My dad calls the Jeep dealership ( which is like over 1/2 a mile from  my apartment) and lets them know I'm on my way.  While he did that, I called every friend in my phone who lives in town.  Not much luck.  The only one that picked up was the friend who lives on the complete opposite side of town.  None of my roommates answered.  I cried a little.

I made it to the Jeep dealership where I had to leave poor hot flash Libby ( my jeep liberty). 

Since I was close and brave, I decided to walk home.  In the south, you rarely see people walking along main roads unless you are downtown in a big city.  Plus, Columbia is kind creepy, so my walk home from the dealership was scary.  Nothing happened, but I stuck out like a sore thumb.  College girl, alone, bright red scrubs, bookbag and 5 miles away from any college or hospital.  I literally powerwalked my butt home.

I don't know why I freaked out so much.  It was a very humbling experience.  I was one of those people.  I try not to judge, but we all think things in our minds that we wouldn't dare say out loud. 

Have you ever been karma smacked by your own actions before?  Like, have you ever judged someone, only to have it happen to you?

I know this wasn't a huge deal...or very interesting...but it made me think.

Oh..and I made it to the 6:00pm test.
Test: 1  Megan: 0



  1. What a crazy day! Glad you were able to get home safe! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

  2. Good grief! Sounds like a doozy of a day. I'm glad you made it to your test safe and sound!


I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)