Thursday, March 11, 2010

Look at my guns

Tuesday was so much fun.  I got to go with my Daddy to the shooting range, to shoot my new gun that he got me about a month ago.  It was very liberating and I think it made my Dad feel better about me going off and living on my own, possibly by myself in the next few months. 

I've grown up not being afraid of guns.  I know its a touchy subject..because it is a lethal weapon.  I know guns kill people.  I know of people getting shot up in the streets, even in a small town. But, I also know about the protection and safety that comes with owning a gun.  My legs can only kick so hard. My fists can only punch so much.  I am a woman...and times are seriously changing.  I hope that I never have to use my gun to protect myself, but I also don't want to be a victim, or dead woman. 

I currently own a Beretta shotgun which I use to shoot sporting clays.


I am also the proud owner of a PINK .38 Special Smith and Wesson.




They are beautys!

Hey...Don't think bad of me.  Remember, dainty prim and proper Bree Van DeKamp Hodges is a gun-toting woman on Desperate Housewives!


I think it is important for women to know how to handle a gun.  I think the worst thing is to be afraid of them.   If you're looking down the barrel..then yes...I'd be afraid too. But protecting yourself is something no woman should ever be afraid of.  It IS the 2nd amendment, and I don't think that any woman should be looked down upon because she owns a gun. 

The world is becoming a scary place.  Women are vulnerable.  Women who aren't afraid to protect themselves aren't.

I found these quotes from notable men and women on guns.

"I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand."
Susan B. Anthony

"There's no such thing as a good gun. There's no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."
Charlton Heston

"The most dangerous action a woman can take when faced with a criminal is to resist with her fists: That tends to annoy violent criminals, and the woman will very likely be seriously injured. But a woman who takes the advice of Handgun Control Inc. and passively submits is 2.5 times more likely to be injured than a woman who resists with a gun. So if you don't want to lie back and enjoy it, get a gun. Otherwise you may never become a mom."
Ann Coulter

"I'm secure enough in my self-esteem that I know I cannot handle a 150-pound guy coming at me, but I can handle a firearm to keep that man away from me."
Maria Heil, CNSNews.com reporter

"The fact that some anti-gun groups call for the wholesale confiscation and elimination of guns tells me one thing…they want to see me naked in my desperation, clutching a telephone, begging for the police to come before the intruder violates my home, my body, my child. To secure their peace of mind, they would leave me exposed to certain victimhood, rather than allowing me to empower myself and defend my God-given right to live and to protect my family."
Linda Prussen-Razzano, "So You Want To See Me Naked?"




I want to hear your opinion now!




                                   
                                             




3 comments:

  1. i personally am not a fan of guns.
    altough i understand the points you make about protection.
    i think my point of view is probably quite different tho living in australia, where we have far less guns and violence in general.
    i think knowing how to shot a gun would be interesting to learn but i would never want to own one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well since you asked (:-P)...I think that guns are dangerous in general. Though, like all issues, it's a two-sided situation that could never truly be answered correctly. I see why people have guns--to protect themselves. Then again, if guns were illegal in the US like they are in other countries, our crime rates would be lower. It's the accessibility to guns that causes all the controversy. But at the very least I will say that it's good that you at least know how to use the guns you own and practice with them. If you just owned them without knowledge of how to use them, that would certainly not be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thing is...if they were illegal in the US, the 'bad guys' would still find a way to get guns.. I know it's a touchy subject and one that never has a straight answer. There is always going to be the good guy that turns into a bad guy, and then that skews everyones ideas about normal obeying citizens owning firearms. Not every person with a gun is going to use it for bad.

    I'm glad you all responded. I'm always curious to hear what people think about this, because it's such a controversial subject.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)