Monday, February 15, 2010

Shotgun Valentines ?

So...Dave and I never have been big Valentines day people.  We always get each other a goofy completely ridiculous card though.  This year Dave got me a little box.  Full of SHOTGUN SHELLS!! 

Shotgun shells? For Valentines Day?  Yes... and I loved it!

Last year for Christmas, my dad got me a shotgun.  No I'm not a redneck who likes to go shoot deer and poor little animals.  My dad and brother are into sporting-clay shooting.  I've always loved to go shooting with them, but I never had a gun of my own.  So ... my little wish came true on Christmas 2008. 

Me and Dave :)


Me and MY lovely Beretta 20-gauge!


Looove him!

Artsy Fartsy 'shot'

Dave and his brother love sport shooting too.  My brother is on a team that made it to the youth nationals a few years ago in San Antonio, Texas.  My dad collects antique guns.  I couldn't even begin to tell you how many rifles and shotguns we have in our house.

Shooting sporting clays is something I love doing.  It feels great to have the guy against your shoulder, feel the punch of the recoil and then see the 'clay pigeon' burst in the distance.   Addicting !!

1 comment:

  1. haha this is so cute! My dad is also into clay shooting and is always trying to get me to go with him! I left you a little something over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)