Friday, February 26, 2010

Procrastination is my middle name

I am the QUEEN of procrastination.   I WILL wait until the last minute to finish homework, study, and do projects. 

I have a 10 page Leadership and Management research paper that is due on March 5th.  We have to have at least 7 references, one of the being from the Harvard Business Review, which can only be accessed on campus.   GREAT! Not only do I have to go to the stinky cold library, I have to pay a $1 an hour to park. 

I'm dreading writing this paper.  I HATE writing papers.  I'd rather do 5 poster projects, than write a paper.   Don't get me wrong, I do like to write/blog.  I'll write you a paper about my day or my feelings any day of the week...but ask me to write a paper about policy and procedure....and it's a completely different story!

Nurses don't write papers! This is the reason we decided to NOT be English majors!!   




I just want spring break to get here!!!


UPDATE as of 7:05pm on February 26, 2010

I have YET to start searching for things for my paper.

Instead, I have

1. Applied for 5 RN positions, in Winston Salem NC, Spartanburg, SC, and Wilmington, NC.

2. Ate a 12 Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies.   bye bye bikini.

3. Vented on the phone to 2 friends who are equallly as outraged as I am about the job search and this dang paper.

4. Blackberry Messaged my Daddy for like an hour.  We could have easily called each other, but he just got a new blackberry and has too much fun with it.

5. Searched for beach houses in the SC Lowcountry for our family vacay ( which SHOULD have been a lovely cruise to the Bahamas).

6. Blogged this.

See what I mean when I say procrastination is my middle name?


      
                    

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding me in the world of blogging, girl!! Yours is super cute, too!! Looks like you have a lot of good things going for you...That's GREAT!! I would love to know how you made your signature. That's the only thing I have not figured out yet!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marlie! The signature was easy....go to mylivesignature.com and choose the "Create a new signature using our wizard" button. Then once you have created your signature...choose the button that says something like " i want to use this signature now"....and choose the HTML one. Then copy and paste the HTML code into the POST TEMPLATE box ( Go to settings-->then Formatting and scroll to the bottom ) And Voila! You have a lovely signature!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)