Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom is an amazing women. 

 She was born Kathy Lynn in western Maryland as the second child of three. 

 She is still best friends with her 5 best friends from high school..which is rare these days. 

She graduated from college with a degree in teaching and then got her master's in Special Education has been teaching Special Education since 1984.  She now teaches Special Ed. at an elementary school.  You have to be a special kind of person to do that....and no that is not a joke....you have to have a special heart to do a job like that every single day.  I don't know how she does it. 

She met my dad in 1983 and got married to him in 1985 in the very church that I was baptized in as a baby and still attend today.  

 I am her first born...and only daughter.

I have her middle name.  Megan Lynn

She loves to exercise at the YMCA.  She can kick my butt in sculpt and sweat step classes. 

She has a Maryland accent.

She loves working outside in the garden and yard.

She gave me scoliosis, she had to wear a back brace during her last 2 years of Jr. high and first 1.5 years of high school.  I know I wouldn't have done that. 

She gets on my nerves and love to bug and question and nag,
but she also makes me laugh until I cry, can make me feel better with a kind word
is an inspiration to me every day.

 I don't know what I'd do without her in my life!

I thank God every single day for her. 

Happy Mothers Day Momma! I love you!


1992


:)

My mom with the 2 other women who are like mothers to me.
On the left is Dave's Mom, Debbie.  On the right is my dear friend John's mother, Donna.


                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)