Friday, May 21, 2010

I'd rather...

I'd rather have my fingernails pulled off  than do thank you cards.

I am so ADD when it comes to stuff like that. 

I always mess up and have to end up trashing a whole stack of cards (which draws the process out even longer because I have to rewrite everything). It's definitely time to invest in some erasable pens.  Haha.

I also just don't know what to say other than "Thank you for (blank). I really appreciate it. I hope to see you soon. Blah Blah Blah."

I got lots of money for graduation, so I don't want to be like "Thanks for the money, I'm going to spend it on scrubs or its going to sit in a savings account". 

I also don't want to just say two sentences and then sign " Love, Megan"


Here's what I have so far



Thank you so much for your generous gift in recognition of my graduation from the University of South Carolina, it is much appreciated! I also want to thank you for your love and encouragement through the years, it has meant so much to me. I hope all is well your way, Take Care and God Bless!
                                                                            -Megan

Then for gifts I'll tweak it a little. 

I just feel so generic, especially to those people that I rarely see (or haven't seen in years).  It's not hard for people I see often, because then I can BS my way and fill card space (haha).

I need some suggestions!


                                            

3 comments:

  1. I think it might be nice to mention that you enjoyed your time at USC and look forward to being a nurse.

    Or if it's money, you could mention how it's going to help you transition from college student to RN.

    Not exactly the most helpful, but it's something. I remember struggling to make mine personal yet also thankful. Tough job--good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! Yea...I struggle because everything I write sounds very impersonal. Thats why I'm a nurse not a Hallmark card writer!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same trouble; I HATE writing "thanks for the money." I usually end up writing something about how excited I am for the next phase of my life and how much I appreciate their support.

    Have fun writing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)