Sunday, January 31, 2010

RN applications=HELL

I thought today would be an easy Sunday.  I would apply for several nursing jobs in SC and NC, tweak my resume and cover letter to the different units at a particular hospital, or to one unit at a different hospitals.  Easy right?  WRONG.  

I have never felt such frustration in my life.  I'm on the verge of tears.  All I want is to be a nurse.  Right now, I could care less what kind of nurse.  I just want a nursing job so I can do what I've been taught to do for the past 4 years.  I'd much rather just dress nice, walk into a nurse recruiters office and personally hand her my resume.  Instead, I have to spend countless hours filling out an application that is completely different than the previous one that I've filled out.  Every single application format is completely different.  One hospital wants 3 references to fill out a form. One hospital wants 2 references to write a letter of recommendation, One hospital wants 4 references to fill out a form AND and letter of recommendation.  Not only am I being a pain in the ass to myself, I'm making my references go through more trouble in writing a hopefully good recommendation.

Then...I go to insert my cover letter and resume into a text box.  CTRL+C and CTRL+V.....and its completely jarbled and and the format looks ridiculous.  So I have to go in and space each line of my resume to fit the stupid little text box .  I honestly think that if there were an application to be president of the united states, it would be easier than an application for a registered nurse. 

I don't know if I'm just retarded or something, but I never thought applying for a nursing position would be so difficult and stressful.  The least they could do would be to have a uniform application. I mean, there is a nursing shortage and I know many hospitals are desperate for nurses, so why can't they make this easy for us. 

Ugh...I need a drink.  AND I'm out of wine.   Damn you SC Blue Laws

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)