Friday, January 29, 2010

On a sad note...

Last Friday my great-aunt passed away.  Her funeral is tomorrow in Charleston.  She was my grandpa's only sister.  They had a  brother who passed away when has was 22, so my grandpa is the only one left.  My mom said that Pappy is taking it hard.  He's fighting prostate and lung cancer, so I just hope that this doesn't get him too down to the point that he starts letting go of himself.   Aunt Ann was 80.  She was a beautiful lady. She always looked 20 years younger than her age and was just a joy to be around, when I got to see her. She lived a few hours away from us, so the last time I saw her was at my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party.   I just read her obituary and it brought me to tears.  Her obituary wasn't like any other I've read.  It was like a story.  It was beautiful, she was beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)