Friday, January 29, 2010

A little hobby of mine

For as long as I can remember, I've always loved being in pictures and taking them.  Freshmen year in college I got in photography. I have yet to get a digital SLR, but my little Olympus compact has been holding up rather well. It actually takes awesome photos.  It's also waterproof AND shockproof.  PERFECT for clumsy me.  I want to get into taking portraits, nothing too serious. I don't want to be a photographer that does weddings or big stuff like that but I do want to be able to take decent photos of my family, friends and places that I've been. Hopefully I'll be getting a DSLR for my birthday or for graduation.  I've fallen in love with the photo site Picnik. I'd recommend purchasing the premium package. Its only like $25 a year. You can add text to your photos, add spray tan, airbrush yourself and do a TON of other stuff.  I know some of my friends who want to do photography professionally use picnik along with Photoshop.   I love it.   I've editted photos for gifts, I've made cards on there, even attempted making a Christmas card.  Too bad Mom chose the Walmart one. Ha.  Here is a little taste of what I've done so far.

The SC State Fair from the top of the ferris wheel


House on the river in Wilmington, NC


The Battery, Charleston, SC


Precious piglets !


NC Zoo


A tree in my Grandma's backyard.  True Carolina Blue.


My boyfriends great aunts mountain cabin in Blowing Rock, NC


I LOVE the macro setting.  My cousin was collecting caterpillars, so I took a shot at this little guy before he was put in the bug keeper.


House on the Battery in Charleston.


I framed this for my Mom and Grandma for Mothers Day.


Now for a few fun photos of people I love!

My boyfriend Dave and I


SC vs UGA game of 2008

My friend Chelsea and I


My absolute favorite picture of us. 


My wonderful parents who will celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary this summer




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)