Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1st blog! Yay!

I need a place to vent.  I'm in my last semester of school and I feel that I have to make the most out of my last semester.  I need to seriously analyze my life and get things in order for the future.  I need to get back into shape like I was in high school! So...I figured I'd BLOG! So..this blog will be about my triumphs and struggles with getting back into shape, the big girl job search, and my last semester in college. Of course, when I get that big girl job, I'll definitely write about that too...and everything else that you could think of! 

I'm Megan.  I'm a senior nursing student pursuing my BSN!  I'll graduate in May from the University of South Carolina! I hope to work on a neonatal intensive care unit one day.  I've lived in the south all of my life and I couldn't imagine leaving it.  The weather is wonderful...most of the time ( for you southerners...you know what I mean!).  The people are friendly and the food is amazing and you've got mountains on one end of the state and the coast on the other end!

 I've been in a serious relationship for 5 1/2 years, 6 years in June to the most wonderful guy in the world.  We've dated since high school, and have been separated by 130 miles for the past 4 years. He goes to a different school, but I love the fact that we aren't up each others butts all day long like a lot of people that I know.  We've made our own friends that we probably wouldn't have met if we had gone to the same school, and we've learned to appreciate the time we do get to see each other.  Also, I think that being apart has helped us academically too.  Recently, many people have asked the big question " when is he going to pop the question?".  I'd say yes if he asked tomorrow, but I know that right now just isn't the right time for us.  And yes...six years is a long time, but we've made it that long without being married and we can wait a few more years.  I'm definitely not ready to be a wife right now and I really want to be financially stable on my own and comfortable in my job before I start planning a wedding.  I totally love the fact that a lot of my friends are engaged right now, but I just don't want to hop from college student to wife. 

I was in the best shape of my life in high school. Definitely curvy ( Thank you genes), but definitely NOT what I am right now.  All I need to lose is like 20 lbs and I'll be estatic.  College and my major have gotten the best of me.  I've done really well thought since starting back from Christmas Break.  I've only eaten out 3 times since January 11th ( Sushi, Chick-Fil-a and a restuarant with Mom and Dad)! Yay! That is a HUGE improvement since last semester!  I just started the P90X exercise video regimen.  Its killer.  Today will be Day # 3 of it.  Boyfriend and his brother are on it too. It should be interesting. 

Oh and you're probably looking at the time of this post and wondering WHY THE HELL ARE YOU UP?  Well...this semester has been a breeze so far.  My clinical preceptorship starts Thursday so I've been sleeping in.  I have to drive 45+ minutes to get to my clinical site, so for the next 14 weeks I'll be waking up super early.  For the next six weeks, its 5:45am and then for 6 weeks after that it's 4:30am.  KILL ME NOW!  I woke up at 11 this morning and I exercised late night so my body just hasn't been sleepy....until now.

Xoxo,


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)