Thursday, September 16, 2010

Recap of my Bad Week

Friday- was supposd to be the start of my WHOLE weekend off. Nope....it was my ONE day off.  Got called in to work TWICE.  Saturday night and Sunday night.

Saturday consisted of sleeping all day long.  Then I worked all night.

Sunday consisted on sleeping all day long. Then I worked all night

Monday consisted of sleeping all day long. Then I worked all night.  And I found out at 7am that a friend of the family passed away tragically Monday afternoon, leaving 2 beautiful kids and a loving husband.  Even though I was completely exhausted, why and how she died kept me awake until 11 am on Tuesday. I will not go into details because I don't know who reads this.

Tuesday consisted of restless sleep and a night shift from hell.  I got to work at 7pm and didn't sit down until 2am. I got THREE new admissions which were total care and I couldn't even concentrate on anything but what happened on Monday. 

Wednesday consisted of trying to sleep just enough to get back on day schedule for 2 days, but I couldn't sleep again. One good part of Wednesday was that I got to hang out with my best friend Amanda who also works nights. We went shopping and to a movie.

Today was hard.  The funeral was heartbreaking.  The message was beautiful though and really makes me appreciate each breath I take and each new day that I'm given and that tomorrow is not for certain.

"You never know how strong you are till being strong is the only choice you have."
I found this quote on her 15 year old daughter's facebook page. 




 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear all of this! I hope this weekend brings happier times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blech. Looks like you've had a nasty few days. Maybe the universe will feel bad for you and give you a fantastic upcoming week! I hope it's better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, honey. I am so sorry for your bad week. I'm just now getting a chance to read. I seriously hope this week has been better. About work--stay strong, because you CAN do this! I know how bad it sucks, but keep on keeping on. You're a wonderful nurse and are really impacting people's lives. And I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your family friend...can't imagine how hard that's been on you and everyone she touched. Really makes you cherish each day and each memory!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say ! :)